I came across an article on how to throw a Halloween paw-ty for dogs and a recipe for treats.
I will save you the details of planning the paw-ty. Instead, you can just use your imagination. Although the suggestion to schedule the party for a day or two before Halloween so as not to be disturbed by trick-or-treaters ringing your doorbell during the paw-ty was a great idea. The treats sound yummy for both humans and dogs, so I thought I would share.
2 1/2 cups water
1/2 cup canned pumpkin (real pumpkin, not pie filling)
1/4 teaspoon real vanilla
4 cups whole-wheat flour
1/4 cup chopped pecans
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 cup oats
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a bowl, mix water, pumpkin, vanilla, and egg thoroughly.
3. Combine flour, pecans, baking powder, nutmeg, and cinnamon in a separate bowl, stirring well.
4. Add wet ingredients to dry and mix well, making sure no dry mixture is left.
5. Spoon batter into a greased muffin tin, filling each cup completely.
6. Sprinkle the top of each muffing with oats and bake for one hour and 15 minutes.
7. Cool completely and store in a sealed container for up to one week.
Makes 14 bewitching treats