We all love our dogs. Dogs are great. They can be so much fun and they can make us smile every day.
How can you show your dog that you love him?
Here are seven loving things you can do to show your love for your dog:
1. Monitor your dog. One way to show your dog that you love him is to monitor him. Note if he is eating, drinking and having normal bowel movements. If he is sitting with you - feel his body for lumps and bumps and note any abnormalities.
2. Keep him healthy. If your dog looks or acts sick, have him checked by your veterinarian. Dogs cannot talk. They cannot tell you when they are sick and they cannot just get in the car all by themselves and go to the vet when they do not feel good. They rely on you to care for them. A great way to show your love is to make sure that your dog is taken care of when he is sick.
3. Give your dog playtime every day. Know what your dog likes and play with him every day. This is a great way to spend time with your dog and to show your love. Good toys are really important to your dog's health and happiness.
4. Quiet time is also important. Not only does your dog need regular playtime with you, your dog also loves quiet time with you. Give your dog an ear rub or a tummy rub (or whatever he likes) while you are watching TV, listen to music, or reading together.
5. Practice good preventive care. In addition to taking care of your dog when he is sick, preventing health problems with good preventive care is also a great way to show your love.
6. Do not let your dog get fat. Obesity can cause a variety of health issues - especially joint and arthritis problems. Monitor your dog's weight. If your dog is obese, ask your veterinarian about a diet. Cut back on treats Either break the treats into smaller pieces or try a low-calorie treat.
7. Reinforce good behavior. Everyone loves a "good" dog. When your dog does a great job, give tons of positive reinforcement. Then your dog will not only get attention and love from you, but from everyone he meets. This will make him happy and it is a great way to show you love him!
Remember, watch your dog for any signs of problems and spend plenty of quality time together.