Tuesday, April 7, 2009

How Does Your Dog Show
That She Misses You?

I just returned from spending a week at Isla Mujeres, Mexico. Isla Mujeres is a small island off the Yucatan Peninsula. Isla Mujeres means island of women in Spanish, and how appropriate that I was there with a bunch of women on a retreat.

Ebony was home alone. My neighbor checked on her. This neighbor rations out daily two dog biscuits to any dog that comes to her door. Needless to say, Ebony shows up. After her morning feeding, Ebony decided to follow my neighbor home for her two biscuits...she knows a good thing!

Ebony was patiently waiting in the driveway when I drove in. Yes, she greeted me with exuberance which lasted for several minutes and followed me around for the next few minutes. This seems like normal behavior for a dog who has not seen her owner for awhile. But how do you know if she really missed you?

The way I can tell is when she does behavior which is not her normal routine. That happened the next morning when she jumped up on the bed to lick my face. Again, she licked my face when I was doing stretches on the floor. This was different behavior and I got the feeling that she really missed me.

How does your dog show that she misses you?
I would love to hear........

No comments:

Post a Comment