Thursday, July 28, 2011
Ways to Beat Doggie Boredom
Many people wonder if their dogs can get bored and the answer is YES, they can. Imagine if you were locked alone in a house all day with nothing to do! Boredom is very real and it is a very big problem for dogs today.
Here are five ways to defeat boredom-for good.
1. New Tricks - One of the best ways to show love and spend quality time with your dogs is to teach them new tricks. It will take some time and practice, but it will provide great mental stimulation and help keep your dog engaged.
2. Physical Exercise - Running and playing with your dog is another great way to fight boredom. Fetch, wrestling, or racing are simple ways to tire out your dogs before you leave so they will take a long nap when you go instead of pacing around an empty house.
3. Puzzle Games - You can find lots of puzzle games that will keep your dog entertained. But, if you want to save some money, you can simply put some food or treats into a box that your dog must open to eat.
4. Socialization - Meeting new dogs and new people is quite an interesting experience for your dog. Boredom is easily defeated when your dog is making a new friend: canine, human, or otherwise.
5. New Toys - New toys are a great way to keep your dog entertained.