1. Happiness is getting a move on. Just like people, dogs feel great when they are in good shape. Different dogs require different amounts of exercise, but giving your dog a daily chance to run will help your dog stay happy and healthy.
2. Happiness is preventing health problems. Be sure to prevent problems before they start as your dog cannot tell you when he/she does not feel well. Take your dog to the veterinarian regularly.
3. Happiness is mental stimulation. Give your dog plenty of chances to meet new people and dogs. Take your dog out into nature to sniff. Give your dog puzzles to solve.......such as finding a toy or treat.
4. Happiness is the right foods in the right amounts. Choose a well-known dog food, and do not overfeed your dog with too many treats or snacks between meals.
5. All you need is love; most dogs love to be petted. Give you dog at least five minutes of your full attention and lots of petting daily.