Friday, February 13, 2009

Gifts From My Dog

I was downstairs in my studio painting when my neighbor came by to share information about my dog. It reminded me about living in a small town where everyone knows exactly what you are doing.

My neighbor proceeded to tell me that she saw Ebony with a large rabbit in her mouth. Ebony is fast, but usually it is the baby rabbits that she can catch. I was amused by her story, but I was thinking how glad I was that Ebony did not sleep in my room as she usually has a bad case of gas after eating disgusting things. AND, I was NOT going to accept any kisses from her!

It is interesting that Ebony usually brings her treats home to eat and I find them. This is great because I can stop her from snacking and remove the carcass. I would not have known that she was in the creek catching salmon until she brought a huge spawner up to the house. Thankfully, I got her to the vet in time! I have not informed my landlord about the truth to the bad smell coming from the trash can.

My neighbor and I came out from the studio to look around, but no sign of Ebony. She has the freedom to roam the woods surrounding our properties. GREAT DOG LIFE! I returned to painting.

Just before dark, I left the studio and climbed the stairs to my home. To my surprise there was this huge dead rabbit on my doorstep.

THANK YOU, EBONY!

Do you think Ebony is part cat?


I found this on the web just in time for Valentine's Day...........
Check it out:
The Kissable Toothbrush from the Cain & Able dental collection.



No comments:

Post a Comment